View Single Post

+1 on not going for China headers- at one of the races down Long Wharf in New Haven I saw a Mitsubishi leave the turbo and down pipe on the ground because an OBX header just let loose.
There are many options for turbo headers- I myself have a set of B&B's and they SUCK! Their customer service sucks, their headers suck, they just suck! (P.S I don't mean to insult any dealers, but the company itself sucks...) I hear that GHLs are a good bet and I know they heat very well. You could also go for a set of new or used SSI's with the turbo cross-over pipe and still have heat. If heat is not your thing, then try the Schnell headers that are offered by performance products, only from a different vendor.
Long story short- you are going to spend more than $2,000 on a new set of B&Bs or GHLs, and maybe around $1,500 (don't quote me on the SSI's) on the SSI setup if you want heat, If you don't need heat, you could try a set of Schnell headers for less money (I think around $600 from somewhere).
When I say this is one of the few times that I disagree with Brian it is one of a few- Headers on these cars make a night and day difference to me. If I had the choice between a k27 and stock headers or aftermarket headers (B&B, GHL, Schnell, etc) with a stock k26- I would take the headers. Now I'm not saying they are the best bang for the buck since nitrous, but they most definitely transform the car's attitude in my opinion.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)