View Single Post
Infidel

I didn't realise it was a custom turbo other than the ceramic coating, like i said guys i'm not trying to take anything away from what seams to be an incredible car, it just didn't add up that a similar engine running 1.2bar, and with a much larger turbo was only able to achieve 600 flywheel BHP, and this one running 1.0bar was able to achieve IRO 650. If the turbo is something else internally than a GT37R then who knows.
Like i said the engine i'm talking about was totally top notch and tuned by JUDD who used to do F1 engines and still build Le Mans series stuff, so not an inferior outfit by any stretch of the imagination, here's a LINK also a wiki page HERE
You have to apreciate that when an outfit like this tunes an engine it's done right, and when they get a certain power level using a certain size turbo it basically becomes a bench mark. Seeing way bigger figures coming from a lot less boost with a much smaller turbo screams BS. If the turbo is something else then i suppose anything is possible, it may have a GT42 compressor side or something?

Lincoln, your car is awesome, and you've waited forever to get it back, drive the bloody wheels off it, keep safe

Ollie, did you do some 60-130mph runs in yours, if so what kind of time were you seeing? Lincoln, would be great to know what time yours does this too, it's a fantastic bench mark!

Last edited by JBL930; 12-22-2008 at 02:58 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)