View Single Post

Jonathan,

I have followed the 60-130mph runs on RL 993TT forum ( including yours ) with great interest and will do that myself too one day. The reason it will have to be at some undetermined date in the future is because I had intended to move to Finland and had shippped my car along with a container full of goods ahead of me. Thanks to the financial crisis my planned job transplant did not work out (yet) so I am a bit in a limbo right now. At least the car is safely in my garage in my old hometown.

But I understand your point and have learnt enough about dyno vs. real life performance from that thread, other discussions about this issue, and personal communication with Jean that I know that the 60-130 test will give a more reliable idea of the true output of the car.
And I am also aware that the real life number derived from the actual performance will probably be lower than the short dyno pull number.

But since we are all measuring the output of our cars using dynos I also think that dyno runs provide good relative information about them.

Regarding the Limit Engineering custom turbos, yes, they are definitely a lot different from the stock Garrett turbos.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 12-22-2008, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)