Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Interesting, my 87 was as pictured on Werk-I's car.
Now that is interesting. Production change between 87&88??? Does yours and Werk-1s cars have the rocker supports welded or bolted? Are they both original paint? If yours are original SN and never worked on, then it is probable Porsche changed production methods sometime between 87 and 88 in the vent area, to as on mine, as there are definite seams, see previous photos, ( not body filler etc. over welds/seams ). Does yours have the Wooden slats ? As I recall the pre 505 cars had the oil cooler in the front valance as previous oil cooler location was now occupied by the rt head light bucket. With the advent of the 505 it was relocated the rt rear quarter so logic would dictate changes to that area would be commencing in 1987 however????? We may soon find out what, why, when, as it was a work in progress considering, its uncertain future, limited number that were available, due to the ( coach built ) nature of the changes to make the 930S. Also "onboost", what is your 87s VIN #. My 88# is WP0JB0937JS050184

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-23-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)