Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Now that is interesting. Production change between 87&88??? Does yours and Werk-1s cars have the rocker supports welded or bolted? Are they both original paint? If yours are original SN and never worked on, then it is probable Porsche changed production methods sometime between 87 and 88 in the vent area, to as on mine, as there are definite seams, see previous photos, ( not body filler etc. over welds/seams ). Does yours have the Wooden slats ? As I recall the pre 505 cars had the oil cooler in the front valance as previous oil cooler location was now occupied by the rt head light bucket. With the advent of the 505 it was relocated the rt rear quarter so logic would dictate changes to that area would be commencing in 1987 however????? We may soon find out what, why, when, as it was a work in progress considering, its uncertain future, limited number that were available, due to the ( coach built ) nature of the changes to make the 930S. Also "onboost", what is your 87s VIN #. My 88# is WP0JB0937JS050184
I can't remember if rocker supports were welded or bolted. I do know that the welded jackpoint extension was there. And yes, it was original paint...

Porsche did change a lot in the area of production methods during the time stated.. in searching through my goodies I ran across and article that address this although not in great detail.. (will post shortly).

My car did not have wooden slats, had resin. Also did not have the seams you speak of which are visible in the photo. Oil cooler was in passenger side brake duct as yours etc...

Unfortunately for me.. I do not have the Vin of my 87. Will have to try to dig-up records or old registration.. Vin was not really important then as it is now! However, I do remeber the car as being a late 86 production.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)