View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Dear Linda-

Fabulously fast cars - but

nearly (nearly) devoid of character. You're rather isolated from the 'process'.

Color me carazy. Me I'd put me 40beans elsewhere...
Same thing, I saw that the $'s were about the same a few months ago. I know I'd love ice cold air, and, a cup holder (ha!)

BUT

Just like the crop of all modern cars. The wiring and electronics will unfortunetly wear out, and create many more headaches than a faulty WUR or fuel accumulator. Our cars are mechanical enough to live on as long as there is gasoline. Not to mention you KNOW YOUR ALIVE while driving a 930. But, then again, one wrong move while hard on the right pedal and you might not be!

A friend took me for a ride in a shiny new M5 with track rubber on it. WOW,one flick of a switch, (knob,dial,whatever) and it went from jeckyl to hyde. Then thought I had more fun in his prepped E30 M3 or his 2002.

Give me pilot (driver) input or put me to sleep. Thats why I bought a 930 NOT a 996. My C36 if fun. Thats about it, fun. When I'm driving the Pcar, thats almost like a time machine back to my old hot motor & cal' look karmann ghia's and beetle's. Before I get off topic, my "pleasure car" is supposed to be about that, pleasure while driving.

Now a 996 as a daily beater..............
Old 12-24-2008, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)