View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
As stated, I cannot meet the <$1000 price with the current design constraints. The cost of 321, merge collectors, mandrel bends and aviation quality USA welds throws it over the top.
Early estimates have it at ~$1500. That number will change as we tweek the system for manufacturing efficiency. R&D comes out of my pocket and will not be included in pricing.
The plan is to offer both headers and heat exchangers. TiAL waste gate and T4 turbo flanges are also in the R&D mix as is a twin volute system. All variations on the main system and will be an option.
Yes, I also plan to eliminate the 2 bains of 930 header swaps; custom turbo oil tanks and the $250 oil lines. The system will work using stock tanks and lines (there are 3 stock versions of the tank and 2 versions of the oil lines). This will make installation a snap and also reduce the cost. No "kit" necessary.
I hope to have a tested prototype in a few months. Will start a thread when the time comes.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)