Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilodawg View Post
Put the Egg Nog down....

zcoker,

This whole fender thing has me a bit confused. Can you explain to me what you mean by custom welded fenders verses stamped and then factor this picture from the article I posted yesterday into that description.

I want to be sure I get your point in regards to what I was thinking.

Thanks!
I don't know, in researching these SN cars, everyone claimed that the only way to tell a factory SN from an aftermarket SN (amongst other things) is that the factory cars had stamped fenders and the aftermarket cars had welded fenders. I think the whole "stamped" thing could be the slats only. Those are stamped, no two ways about it, all years. My researched showed that a bare metal slant fender from the factory was a cut stock fender and then the face plate for the slats was welded in, same with the buckets. So I mentioned it a few times to some people and shook some trees - the SN purest insist that no welding took place on these cars. Personally, I'd rather have a hand crafted machine, with all that pride and human precision as Porsche so intended. A picture is just a picture but a work of art is, well, a gift to the future.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)