Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

1986 Slant Nose Turbo

Have been following this (and the other) Slant Nose thread with interest. I thought I would contribute that when the car pictured was ordered and built in 1986/1987 some cars were still being built without fender louvers behind the headlamps. For the ROW cars each particular modification could be included or omitted as desired by the customer. The louvers were just an additional item that could be checked on the Sonderwunsche menu. The M505 "package" was assembled for the convenience of PCNA as other groupings had been for the American market. During my several visits to the factory during this period the majority of the Flachtbau cars I observed had the louvers but not all. Each car varied somewhat (particularly with the almost limitless interior options) but commonly specified with the Flachtbau appeared to be the wheelhouse louvers, extended entrance sills, rear quarter openings/slats, center mounted oil cooler, 330bhp engine , and color matched BBS rims. All the cars had upgraded interiors and every visit revealed one or two cars with an absolutely horrendous interior/exterior color combination.
Somewhere in my files is a Sonderwunsche catalog from this period with numerous options pictured. I will be pleased to share info/images from the catalog if I can dig it out.
Additional photos of the 1986 Slant Nose can be found by Googling "porschebahn slant" (not good w/adding links).
Old 12-25-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)