View Single Post

Hi dfink,
Can you tell me what kind of epoxy is this? Would those at Home Depot works as well as this? Also, can you tell if this epoxy is better or the yelly thing for fiberclass will bind better?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfink View Post
Finally made a decision on how to tie the top down in the rear section. We made a clamp out of some square tubing and some 1/2" stock (the inside piece) This was epoxied above the rear window. A strap was ran from the clamp to the ledge of the car where the old frame sat. This was then latched with a toggle latch. The toggle latch $2.99 harbor freight comes with a long clamp arm. These were ground down to the hook shape shown. The top clamp makes it adjustable and it really pulls the top down nice. The second are is the rear seal. This is an epdm seal from mcmaster. I think it was part number 1120A821 I can recheck my invoice. It makes a nice seal on the inside and I think ties in the top on the outside. The very rear is held down by a piece of aluminum angle that is epoxied to the inside edge. When putting the top on the back is just slid under the existing edge and then layed in place. Two rear clamps and the two front clamps and your done.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)