View Single Post

Here is a picture of Geoffery's 964 (spelling, I should be able to spell his name but I am stupid this morning).

You get the EVO doors straight from the real source- Getty, the owner Mark will custom make them however thick you want. The cheap ones start at $1000 for the coremat, which is just as good as the more expensive foamcore, it just weighs a couple more pounds total.

You get glue in windows from Spectre. Scott at Spectre claims that he has a slightly different window for the right and left side because they are slightly different apparently.

I know Spectre has a mixed reputation, but they have this particular product and provide it to GT Racing/TRE.

Geoffery made his own windows with regular lexan which is what you see in this picture, so you can go that route and cut your own lexan.

The Getty door has a lip all around it that you can drill into any way you want and screw in the windows. If you glue in the windows you just have to be aware that unless you run some sort of trim tape around the edges you will see the glue blobs through the window, if you catch what I mean. It will be somewhat obvious you glued in the window, in other words.

Maybe you can use a really clear glue. Jack Olsen used some chrome trim sticky tape around the edges of his lexan rear window to hide where he used screws, and it looks natural.

Last edited by DDDD; 12-28-2008 at 07:55 AM..
Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)