View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I would suggest strongly that you call the state motor vehicles and find out exactly what is invovled with title and registration. This is the only hassle/drawback with these cars. Mechanically like was said earlier they are superior to US versions and you have the added benefit of buying it at a lower price because of its grey market status.
Only realize that selling it a lter date you will be subject to the same loss....but if you intend to keep it forever like I am with my 79 930, it is probably worth the initial hassle of titling it.
As far as insurance, I don't know if insurance companies are smart enuff to realize it is grey market and probably won't be much trouble. Just state inspections may be but again Motor vehicles should answer that question for you.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)