View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V View Post
That diagram is for non-Bilstein strut inserts. Bilsteins are mounted upside down where the body attaches to the upper body mount and the rod attaches to the bottom of the strut housing. You need to remove the insert (by first driving out the steel roll pin at the base of the housing) and pulling it out in order to see the bump stop. Call Bilstein at 800-537-1085 and they'll help you out.

And Happy New Year!
Thanks Joe,

I was wondering what that roll-pin was for. I want to upgrade front shocks but couldn't see how to remove the insert.
The diagram actually shows Boge and Bilstein struts.
My main concern with the apparent lack of bump stops was that maybe a PO had left them out and as I am about to lower the car a little, they may become more relevant.

As far as New Year goes, in Oz we'll be up and into our first 2009 barbeque while you guys are still stuck in 2008! We'll have a beer for you
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)