View Single Post
Innocent Bystander

Garage
onboost,

Yes, they are the 930 S style with the three vanes. I had planned to cut them out with their original flanges intact so if someone wanted to reuse them later, they would be complete. They're actually in great condition. But I don't want to cut until I have something to weld back in their place.

I haven't found any laws in Alabama that say I can't have standard fenders and rockers along with rear vents, so I could just leave them. And I may wind up doing just that - but my personal preference would be to have no vents with my stock fenders and valance.

And everything you said makes perfect sense to me - but it's the "contour" part that's causing my hesitation. All those actions require a certain skill set and I don't know if I have the ones necessary to fab the patch panels without relying on a ton of filler. I could glass them in and no one would ever know it but me, but I'd rather weld in some fresh metal if it's feasible.

Now if you have more confidence in your "contouring" skills, I'm sure we could make a deal!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)