View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
onboost,

Yes, they are the 930 S style with the three vanes.

I haven't found any laws in Alabama that say I can't have standard fenders and rockers along with rear vents, so I could just leave them. And I may wind up doing just that - but my personal preference would be to have no vents with my stock fenders and valance.

And everything you said makes perfect sense to me - but it's the "contour" part that's causing my hesitation. All those actions require a certain skill set and I don't know if I have the ones necessary to fab the patch panels without relying on a ton of filler. I could glass them in and no one would ever know it but me, but I'd rather weld in some fresh metal if it's feasible.

Now if you have more confidence in your "contouring" skills, I'm sure we could make a deal!
I've got some contouring skills but no time an minimal space at this point!

I was under the impression that you didn't like the look. In that case I would just leave them. There are a number of Turbo & Turbo body cars around that have the vents but not the rockers etc. You could order them that wat from Porsche back in the day if that's what you wanted.

If you don't feel comfortable working the metal, I would find a competent bodyshop in your area and let them have at it. I would definitely not fiberglass them.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)