View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

DDDD: Thanks for the info on the frames and such I'll get in contact with Dave and get things set up And on the quarter windows with louvers - IMHO they're just too cool to live without.

JP: Don't worry buddy - all my threads seem to turn into random info sharing and story telling and I love it! I'm so far behind so many of you on the information side of things its great to always be able to get so much information so quickly. We're all having a blast here and its only going to get better!

cole930: the goal is that she'll be more of a street car than a track car but with the overall build the idea is to capture that raw unadulterated pure 935 race car feel in a road going car. I dig cars you have to wear ear plugs in to bear the noise, when you have to be a gymnist to get into the car etc. when you need an intercom to speak to the person next to you...

I'm hoping we can seal the carbon doors and lexan windows up pretty well while at the same time loose a ton of weight from the top of the car. Yes I know I still have my sun roof, but what can I say - I do a lot of slow driving around town.

We'll see how it goes for this route and if its too terrible I'll put the steel doors back on. I figure if I'm going to run lexan I might as well run carbon doors as well. And THANKS for your input - you're never "butting in" in my world. Suggestions always welcome!

And Happy New Year Guys!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)