View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZR500 View Post
DDDD, I am in complete agreement with what you are saying.

I am not looking especially for that Euro for the Euro "curb appeal" but rather for the "Package" as you mentionned. This being said,.... The unfortunate point here is a U.S. version with all the update and the equivalent power of the Euro would cost a pretty penny since their owners investment has to be recouped.

My point is dollar for dollar the Euro appears to offer more ( based on what I've reserched so far).

Most U.S. version with all the bell and wistle that would equivate to a Euro with the same kind of Hoses and Torque would range in the upper $30's to the lower $40s. On the other hand a bone stock 3.0L Euro would range in the lower $20s and a 3.3L Euro would range in the upper $20s to lower $30s !!!

I may be wrong here,... but as they say it's all about the Benjamin... isn't it!
Okay, as long as you don't want a Euro for 'exclusivity' reasons, than you have literally nothing to worry about in getting a USA model.

Virtually every USA model that has been modded has had the air pump and exhaust replaced, and that is the only difference versus the Euro except that the Euro may have a slightly more free flowing CIS regulator, which is again the first thing people usually modify when adding big turbos.

You have literally no reason to buy anything other than the best individual 930 you can find for the money, wherever it came from.

Kind of opens things up for you a lot. Sky is the limit.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)