View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
What you are saying goes back to my comment about components and a system that is designed to work well together. The benifits of headers blur when compared to a properly set up and tuned 930 engine using the J-pipe H/E's. Add EFI and they blur further. There does come a point were headers are necessary to help the package be all it can be. They help in reducing lag which translates into better drivability. Standing alone, headers do not add much power but rather allow more power with mods. Much like you see in low restriction straight-through mufflers.
The 993 exchangers remove about a yard of pipe when compared to the 930 exchangers. That alone has got to help reduce lag.
Actually, and I don't really understand this myself, two 38mm TiAL waste gates cost about the same as a single 46mm TiAL 930 waste gate. Could be that the 38mm units have more applications than the 46mm.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)