View Single Post

I suspect that when consideration is made for the quantity and velocity of gasses flowed, the difference in total volume between a stock HE set up and the others is not significant. Remember, the tube to the WG is part of that volume.

I believe turbo headers work differently than normally aspirated headers. I suspect they are more about volume and capacity. Back pressure or any attempt at tuning for scavenging is mostly null. Especially at the rpm we operate and the cams we run. Thus, tube size, primary length, secondary length, and tuning is less of a variable in their effectiveness.

What most are trying for with headers on a 930 is reduced lag not increased capacity. I have for a long time suspected that the B&B shorties and similar headers are mostly ways to get people to part with there money and not trully a significant improvement over the euro/late factory style HE's. For most, anything more than a very low restriction muffler that exits the passenger side is chasing very little opportunity.

Not an expert, just an opinion.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)