View Single Post

What size tires are you running? Fat front tires will make the car follow the unevenness of the road.

If your running Hoosiers they typically need a lot of neg. camber. I run -1.8 fronts and -2.8 rears using 245's front & either 295 or 315 rears.

A Rocket: if your sway bars are maxed out then your torsion bar or spring rates need to be re-evaluated. The sway bars should be pretty close to the middle, and are used to fine tune the suspension for different tracks and tire wear. They also don't perform well when they are maxed out to the tightest setting.

The torsion bars size seems o.k. There are a couple of different schools of thought on size. Some guys like a very stiff suspension and soft like a softer suspension. Depends on who sets the car up.

Revalved shocks will make a significant improvement in handling over the stock shocks. I swapped out my re-valved rear shocks for adjustable Wevo/Ohlins shocks which improved the handling even more.

Coilovers are a nice up grade but not a necessary unless you can't get the car stiff enough using torsion bars. They make it easier and less expensive for car set up. And easier and less expensive to change the spring rates.

I've seen RSR's set up with torsion bars and coil over helper springs.

I would look for a good race shop in your area and have them look at your entire suspension set up.

I have a used set of rear rsr shocks revalved to SmartRacing F40 if anyone is interested. They can be used with torsion bars or springs.

My n.a. race car weighs 2350 lb. w/o driver. Current set up is coil overs w/400 lb fronts, 500 lb. rears, S/R re-valved f40 front shocks, Wevo/Ohlins rears, S/R 31mm front sway bar, 27mm rear sway bar. 245's front and either 295 or 315 rears.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)