View Single Post

Garage
Hey man, in line with what everyone says, I think it's the toe. If you are going to use the car on the track primarily, try toe out in the front (1/8" to 1/16" inch total), and make sure the rear has toe in. My setup is similar to your's, but with more weight. I run 17x9x11's, on R comps, the car weighs 2800lbs, with 22/30 torsions, Smart Racing antiroll bars (#31F-full soft, #23R adjusted a bit stiffer than midway), Elephant Poli-Bronze/monoball all around, and Elephant ASP/Quick Change in place of the spring plates, and my suspension setup is:

F camber -2.89 (too much based on temps), 1/8" toe out total, and max caster (shock top hats pulled back as far as possible)

R camber -2.25 (less than front 'cause I'm running the Elephant Racing ASP), and 1/16" toe in total.

Handling is very neutral, and there is just a little bit of dartiness in straight line, due to the front toe. This is expected, and not a real issue on my car. I would suggest adjusting your toe settings and see the difference. For custom shock valving, you can't go wrong with Rich at Smart Racing or Chuck at Elephant racing. I have done business with both, and highly recommend.

Good luck,

Last edited by Garen; 01-06-2009 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: wrong camber info - now fixed
Old 01-05-2009, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)