View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupcar View Post
Hi Guys- Thanks for the input. To answer a few of the questions asked, I will clarify the info.
Turbo934- The car maybe to stiff. Maybe I should have custom valved the shocks also? It's been an evolution, until this year the car weighed 2550 but still showed similar handling tendencies. I'd love to go coilovers but budget won't allow this winter. Did the rsr coilover setup use both torsion and coilovers?

A930ROCKET- I did try my other set of rims with different tires. Same results. The torsion bars are 23frt and 30 rear solid and my sways are set a bit tighter in front than in the rear.

FREDMEISTER- Those numbers are positive toe settings. Maybe this is part of the problem? I will take the car and get it re-aligned and balanced, just need some settings that are proven. Also if anything part wise needs to be changed better to do this before the alignment as well.

Thanks to all and keep them coming- Jeff
My 1976 930 weighs 2450 with the gas topped off, how much gas did you have when you got the 2250 reading?

I do not think weight has anything at all to do with the issue because you had the problem before and after.

My car handles ultra stable in a straight line and I was tearing it up over some bad country roads the other day.

The way I had my alignment and camber and toe-in set up was EXACTLY according to stock Porsche factory specs for the 930.

Trust me, Porsche road settings work well in the real world.

I would set everything back to dead stock and then tweak it from there if you aren't happy.

Bisteins are not going to make your car's front end hunt, they just make the ride harsh over potholes generally, and they might not rebound quick enough for a lightweight car which would also not cause the car to hunt directly. Smart Racing Products is having a sale on their unbelievable Fox Shocks right now. Those shocks blow away re-vavled Bilsteins. But not the problem, IMO.

One thing to realize is that the car just plain might be too stiff with 22mm sways and big tires and the track settings for bad roads. But you won't know that until you sort out the dartiness...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)