View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm no expert but I will share my impressions.
A 7006 was one of the many turbos that my buddy tried out a couple of years ogo when doing all of the experimenting with setups. That is a large turbo with a big hit on the top end. It did come with some Turbo S, Werks and Turbo 3.6 cars.
The HF and HFS have a lower threshold making them less of an on/off switch. They both are capable to carry 1.0 bar through redline.
All work at least as well with headers as Euro exhaust. The HF/HFS flow so much air that waste gate plumbing becomes critical to eleviate over-boost. Headers like B&B/GHL have less than optimal waste gate plumbing and many have reported overboost, some have blown engines. Better waste gate control is what Ben and I both like about the twin wastegate designs we plan to use going forward.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)