View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
930 Turbo SE Register Phil Clark & Barry Smith
LAST 930
Speaking of the last built, the last 930 Ever built by Porsche just happens to have been an SE cabriolet, built for a very demanding and I dare say very wealthy American customer, the car often refired to as The Black Bird or The Manhattan Car carries a plaque signed by Dr Ferry Porsche that authenticates
its last built status, the car obviously finished in black also boasts over 400 Special wish options on top of the standard build items, apparently the options list filled fourteen pages of the order form and took eighteen months to complete, the car appears in several publications and is described in detail in the February 1992 addition of Excellence magazine, and the book Top Ten Porsche Six Cylinder Super Cars by Henry Rasmussen I.S.B.N.1-879301-02-4.

Special Equipment
Continuing on from last month with the options and build codes we have come to the parts that make the Slant Noses into distinctive and very individual machines, the S.O.W parts, presumably Special Order Wishes these parts represented by codes take the form of three numbered references and as last month are as they appear on Philís car.

S.O.W. CODES
010 Front body Slant Nose Conversion with retractable headlamps.
011 Extended Box Sill Panels.
012 Rear Wing Air Ducts.
013 Front Wing Air Vents (7 louvers each side).
025 Up-rated Engine (330 bhp) including 4-outlet exhaust
115 Steering Wheel (ATF 3 Spoke type F) in blue leather.
123 Centre Consul (Type B) in blue leather.
131 Leather Gear Lever Nob in blue.
140 Fold Down Cassette Holders in blue leather.

Chassis Enquiry
As a rule the S.O.W. codes donít appear anywhere on the car, usually only coming to light on a chassis enquiry made to the Factory through the Warranty Department at Porsche Cars G.B, they require proof
of ownership and they may make a charge, in the first instance contact can be made on 0118 930 3666 donít be surprised and disappointed if you make this enquiry and you only receive standard 930 information back, to avoid this make sure that you stress that your enquiry is about an SE and that you require full information with codes for the options and conversion for your chassis number.

If you make this enquiry and get a result donít forget to let us know so we can update you cars entry on the register, this goes for any information that you may turn up as we are attempting to get chapter and verse on each car.

The list above is what was specified when this car was ordered new, and was very much down to the personal choices of the original owner, as was the case with each and every special wishes car, this fact alone went a long way as to what made each 930 SE unique.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)