View Single Post
DP935 member

I was the one who shows the last bid of $825. I actually bid more but it didn't go higher I guess because of the reserve or something. I have been on ebay for 10 years and this hasn't happened before.

I saw this before gumba posted it also and was hoping to get it for a really good price. I finally paid a fair price for it, a little less then the reserve and now I am the proud owner. I really needed this piece for my 79 DP935.

The shipping was what was going to be the killer part of the deal for me and everyone else that wanted it. Could have been $400-$500 to ship with the crating charge.

I travel to Chicago from time to time on Amtrak and new I would be able to buy a ticket from my town to Chicago for around $100.00 round trip. I had a day to spare so this is what I did. I went there yesterday and picked it up myself, carried it on the train, and got back to Kentucky this morning. I was gone for 26 hours and had some fun picking up the DP part.

I think maybe 40-50 people at Union Station in Chicago wanted to know what it was. Many people were guessing it was a car fender or bumper.

People were telling me I must really love my car to pick it up and carry it home on the train. They are right I do love my car, and this part is very hard to find, especially NOS with the lights and all. For the love of Porsche's.

DP935 front bumper spoiler on the floor in Union Station

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)