View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
I agree that the C6 series is amazing value, I just have never really liked the loose rear end feel of posi traction V8s.

I have a zen issue with corvettes. lol.......I see, to each their own, that's cool...but much has changed with the Vette since people stopped using 'posi-traction'...the Vette's LSD is a very nice unit.

I feel like I can be a hooligan in my 930 and get all the raw feel of a race car without having to push nearly as hard on country roads as a similiar modern car.
I understand...good point...my past Elise was an absolute blast to drive at moderate speeds. That was the most single-purpose, no compromise, go-cart like "car" I've ever driven/owned. It had feedback that was unreal...like being hardwired to it...a very rewarding/"driver's car". But that feeling quickly faded the first time I brought that car to a track and my friend's MazdaSpeed3 blew past me on the straights...I won't even talk about the gang-raping I took from the Vette/Viper wolf packs that day.
Sure, to have a well prepped 930...driving feel mated to good power... would be awesome, but that's not a cheap/value-oriented journey - I've read enough here to know I'd need to put my local P-car mechanic on monthly retainer just for starters......and then have a divorce-attorney pre-programmed on speed-dial for when the wife finally reaches her last "car-nerve"...

But I've been through several high-performance cars in the past couple of years and I've yet to find that special one...the one I'll want to keep...and I fear that may just be one of these 'fire in the blood', "you can take my car when you pry it from my dead-cold fingers", "I wish I never sold that car/it's the car I'll love forever" Porsche 930s.... Yep, that it may.

Be good,
TomK

Last edited by ace996; 01-09-2009 at 07:02 PM..
Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)