View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox88 View Post
The photos provided by the ebay seller would suggest that the car has the standard 300bhp engine as evidenced by the standard intercooler and the exhaust exiting on the left side of the car. All of the 330bhp Sonderwunsche cars that I observed at the factory (and the few here in the US) have had the deeper intercooler (as also shown on 935TURBO's car) and the exhaust exits (via polished dual tips) the right side rear instead of the left as on the red ebay car. Note on the attached photos (white '86 930SE) that the car has polished tips exiting both sides of the car, engine exhaust on right, wastegate on left side.............................................. ............

bluebox88,
Thanks for posting those excellent photos of your '86 Slant. I don't know if we can use the IC as a reference to determine the type of engine in the Special Wishes cars. I have an '85 Special Wishes Slant and it had the standard IC. IC development during this era was probably the reason why. With the earlier Special Wishes Slants, the enhanced engine option requires more research. The turbocharger is a K-27 7006 (Porsche Part # on data plate) with a modified compressor outlet lip to support the unique downpipe feeding the IC. All enhanced engines also were provided with a front mounted oil cooler (RSR type) with special oil lines feeding it through the front bonnet. 935Turbo's car is an '89 506 Slant with the Special Wishes enhanced engine option.
Mine also had the dual tipped exhaust pipes, but I removed them for aesthetic purposes.......the right side tip was gouged.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)