Thread: Wtb 1976 930
View Single Post

I have a '76 930 also and love it. Actually I fell into it, I was looking for any 930 and this one looked like a good car so I bought it without knowing much about the early cars. After I learned more about the '76-'77s I am very glad to have an early car. The brakes aren't a big deal for me since I don't race it and it has some engine upgrades to keep up with the later cars. I have a 3.3 tail because a PO add an intercooler. I prefer the early tail as someone else has said, it looks like it fits the car better, re-configuring the intercooler to fit the early tail is something I will get to someday.

As I learn more about these great cars, I don't understand why they are not already highly collectible and much more valuable. I have dealt with vintage Mustangs for years and limited production cars such as Boss 302s bring $50-$100k and they made 7000 of them in '70, not very limited in my opinion. The 930 was one of the fastest cars available anywhere, and with only 530 in the US, they should be worth much more than they bring currently.

A question I have is, I have seen some references to the '75-'77 930, was there a '75 930 sold to the public, was it ROW only, or cars built in '75 as '76 models?

Paul
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)