View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
I don't know if we can use the IC as a reference to determine the type of engine in the Special Wishes cars. I have an '85 Special Wishes Slant and it had the standard IC. With the earlier Special Wishes Slants, the enhanced engine option requires more research. The turbocharger is a K-27 7006 (Porsche Part # on data plate) with a modified compressor outlet lip to support the unique downpipe feeding the IC. All enhanced engines also were provided with a front mounted oil cooler (RSR type) with special oil lines feeding it through the front bonnet. 935Turbo's car is an '89 506 Slant with the Special Wishes enhanced engine option.
Mine also had the dual tipped exhaust pipes, but I removed them for aesthetic purposes.......the right side tip was gouged.
Those are good points Dave.
However, I think that we should also keep in mind that with pre-87 slantnose/Special Wishes cars.. the possiblity is that no two are alike. In those days, and with some post 87 cars, going through Special Wishes was like ordering a-la-carte, based on what you wanted to spend.. you could pretty much have what ever you wanted with regard to engine specs, paint, interior detail etc..
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)