View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Response

Don,

I still have my intake off as you can see. I forgot to mention that I purchased the aluminum injector blocks from Turbokrtaft (Chris is great) but decided to stay with stock specs since I was not doing any porting on the cylinder heads. What is involved in extruding/honing my intake? Would it help even though I didn't touch my cylinders or injector blocks to increase the size?

A930rocket,

You bring up a great question that I already asked the owner of the shop about. He agreed that cams are much more important than longevity of the exhaust. I plan to run my 3ldz turbo (rather than my newly rebuilt K27s from Ultimate) to break them in along with this technique. He told me to put fans on both side of the exhaust along with running my heaters the entire time. He said that it should be just fine. This will help to prevent bubbling. When the exhaust is coated at the shop it it cures/cooks at 600 degrees. He said that as as long as I keep it as cold as possible that it should slowly heat up rather than rapidly and that is all that I should be after. The staged technique is just more effective for most people that also try to fill the the blinker fluid... if you know what I mean.

The reason that i did not go with the polished look is that is wouldn't stay like that for long and the black is able to withstand higher heat.

Don, let me know your thoughts and thanks for the comments.

Bryan
Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)