View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
Don,

I still have my intake off as you can see. I forgot to mention that I purchased the aluminum injector blocks from Turbokrtaft (Chris is great) but decided to stay with stock specs since I was not doing any porting on the cylinder heads. What is involved in extruding/honing my intake? Would it help even though I didn't touch my cylinders or injector blocks to increase the size?

Don, let me know your thoughts and thanks for the comments.

Bryan
In my opinion, the most important aspect of extrude honing the stock manifold is to get all 6 ports to flow evenly. When you start adding performance parts and bumping the HP, you really need to have each cylinder getting equal amounts of air. The stock manifold has some funky turns and obstructions in it. And while you have it off, why not. Be aware however, it opens the ports a bit, so you'll have to modify the blocks. Not a big deal and you can do it fairly easily. I extrude honed the exhaust manifolds on my powerstroke and got each port to flow evenly with more velocity. It kicks ass.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)