View Single Post

I am having a tough time understanding the "purist" state of mind, especially when they restrict the performance of a "performance car".

Your car has the potential to be so much more modern and driveable with terrific throttle response with a few choice parts that will compliment the car, I am not talking about tacking neons to the undercarriage I am talking aftermarket items that will bring the car to 2009 and on levels.

The stock exhaust, the stock muffler, the stock turbo and intercooler are all rubbish by todays standards and are rather dated. They were all designed in the'70s when turbo technology was in its infancy, technology has come a LONG way since then, and you have an opportunity to really transform your car.

I was totally disappointed when I bought my stock '89 930 a few years ago, I was thinking "This is a $90,000 Porsche 911 turbo???huh???..."...my gosh give me a bucket to throw-up in. My little Turbo Toyota Corolla would run circles around it. The car had an idle like a Cadillac DeVille, it was that muted and quiet, I like my cars with some bark to their bite, my car was lacking both!

So there and then I decided to upgrade and remove the stock parts, install well chosen parts and have not looked back. My car is now awesome, it will outrun a Ferrari F355 with ease and is reliable and still has more to go, if I decide I want continue along the slippery slope.

Your car your choice.

Yasin
Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)