View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Alllllllllllllrightyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thennnnn...

I finished the clear last night, then of course didn't wait long enough for it to dry before mounting the wheels and managed finger prints here & there - I rule.

Then this a.m. I was weighing it and was over the max weight, and I drilled through the door in 2 spots trying to drill out some mass. I SO rule.

Wellllllll, you've all been patient.

and

Are likely all going to massacre me.

Here's my creation with The Boy - race practice is tonight 6:00:

(all pics found here http://picasaweb.google.com/pkrasusky/930Pinewood#)

Yeahyeah I *know*... I am, in fact, a colossally ginormous galactic schmuckbag. Sorry - I can't help being me tho. And I never did embellish my project, just said I was building a 934 - which we did... er um uh... well, we 'tried'. This is sadly as close to building / having a 934 as I'll ever have, so I'm embracing it.

Hindsight would have me doing a few things differently, like running the rear of the front fenders further into the door. Ah well. And yeah I know... it looks rather like a Volvo P544 or '48 Dodge in some angles (stop laughing). Problem was, rules dictate use of provided axle locations which provided quite a long car. I couldn't make up for it in width as we are @ our max width allowed, so net result is the worlds first 930LWB.

All in all it came out pretty nifty (I think). Amazing what 1/2 a can of clear can accomplish 8-). Quite the fun father / son project, I *DID* ensure he did at least some of every step if you're wondering. And he'll have this to remember for a lifetime - I still have all mine and it's great to look back on them and remember my times spent with my dad, and now look at all of what he taught me (quite the accomplished hobbiest he was).

Thanks for playing my silly little game. One of you PM'd me and jokingly figured it was "my kid's Radio Flyer or something knowing you". BwHA! You guyz know me too well.

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-16-2009 at 09:29 AM..
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)