View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Sad to say, but Porsche has sold it's soul for the Benjamins.

None of like to acknowledge it, but like watching Mike Tyson in the late 90's vs the 80's, it doesnt even faintly resemble the company that built our Turbos. It might as well be Audi or Nissan or something. Porsche WAS racing and racing WAS Porsche. I dont buy that crap about racing being too expensive... Porsche was BUILT on the premise of racing. Racing is it's 'raison d'etre'. Porsche used to homolgate for racing first, then think about how they would sell those cars to the public second... but that is how all the 'great ones' came to be... 911RS, 930 and others. Should i really care that there is a company called Porsche that exists today if it doesnt produce stuff i want to buy? Does it even deserve to exist if it's product is increasingly alienating the hardcore enthusiast? Heck, it doesnt even want to produce the parts to keep the cars going that built it's reputation!

I guess reading Frere's book in comparison to all the complete gay-a$$ BS in Christophorus, really brought home how sad the current state of affairs is. Reading about how all the blood, sweat, and passion went into building the 917/10/30/and 935's of the 70's and 80's, even when Ferry and co. couldn't afford it, just to win races. Where is the passion or soul of the company today? The fact that the company cared more about racing than making huge profits endears that era to me even more. Now, it's just about the $$$, nothing more, nothing less. Hell, if it couldnt make a profit from racing today, i guarantee u it wouldnt even be doing that.

OK, i feel better now.
If I could take just one quote from all of cyberspace to put in front of Porsche marketing, it would be this.

And if I could use one quote from all of cyberspace as a mission statement for Porsche owners, it would be Gabe's.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)