View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
What was the Cayman S like? I am curious to know what you liked and disliked about it, because I probably won't ever get to drive one since I would just buy a 996TT for that kind of money. Or better yet, another 930...
Let's just put it this way: If i were to do a blind-folded 'taste-test' between the Cayman S and a properly set up 350Z, the Cayman S (forget about the base Cayman) would prolly win by a slight margin in the sound and handling dept. HOWEVER, 1) It just didnt FEEL all that different or faster from the Z and 2) It cost OVER 2x as much. The point is, the Cayman S felt like just another car, with ok suspension, handling and power, brakes, but i can find those same criteria these days on any one of a number of car lots for a lot less.

Now, if you were to get a used Cayman S with low miles, plug an LSD in and then take it to TPC and give it 486 Turbo'd HP, then give it great brakes and wider wheels... u would have a helluva car. (You could also get a good used and sorted 996tt for that money as well, as stated in a recent thread) But shouldn't Porsche be offering us all that (at least as an option) in the first place for the kind of money it asks?
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)