View Single Post

Mark, that's my point, what you said but they are not available from Porsche anymore. I've looked, I've ordered them but get denied. I am missing one. Somebody did some garage R&R on my axles at one time and tossed one washer, so I only have three intact. And I don't want to buy new turbo axles because of one missing washer. I've heard that they have to be pressed to seat the clip. No problem. I'm rebuilding the CV's and I am stuck with this washer--Belleville or whatever one wants to call it-- issue. One tech even told me that they serve a dual purpose: the washer, if noted, extends over the cross-hatch on the inboard side of the CV's thus blocking the balls inside. A safety measure, I guess. I can see that point easily when taking out the balls, just tilt the CV enough and they fall out.

My only other alternative is to size the Belleville's with Macmaster-Carr as close as possible and then machine them to spec. At least I have templates to go by.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)