View Single Post
Champagne on Beer Budget

Garage
Guys, Thanks for the kind words...

JBL930 - I didn't get a build sheet with the car....the PO threw lots of money at it and neglected it...when i got it the valves were so loose i thought it was going to explode....the oil consumption was crazy, but the compression was consistent and the other goodies on the car I was taking a gamble, but I didn't want a cherry garage queen either. Pretty sure the internals stock 3.3, and i noticed a little pitting on one of the cam lobes while I was adjusting the valves, so I plan on a rebuild in the not too distant future. With some of thelocal guys on this board helping out like David (125shifter) i'm sure the rebuild will get the attention to details required to make some nice HP.

DDDD - Yes the wheels are FM10's...pretty sure they're 8.5 and 10.5 x 17's no fast corners yet as I've only got about 100miles in the car and I have yet to put my fingers on all the nuts and bolts to verify its all tight and good to go.

SCHNELE - I would love to know more about the Motec tuning...I'm sure an entire new thread could be started on that.... I wish i could find a motec tuning class for rookies.

Again..thanks for the warm welcome!

Einar

87 911 Turbo
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Einars-Garage/375533809160797
Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)