View Single Post

Garage
Good luck with build! You know the budget has to come first. Then plan it accordingly. Bet there are probably guys who have been planning a conversion yet their mechanics are retired and they are not in their turbo yet. Because your title says obsession we can kid with you. Are you serious about approaching 965 exterior when done? Have you seen the turbo motors currently on the market? I know you have seen the pristine 930 FS. Have you seen a couple of 930 track cars on the market?

When you get ready building is when the obsession begins. I can hear you murmuring is that EFI stuff for real? Do you have a first draft of your build sheet?

I like the enthusiasm. I like the project. Do you have the tools to put the motor back together/tune it for that matter? If not, on the advise from your builder tuner are your expectations within his line of expectations/goals. You know how our trusted techs get. How long before you start discussing your next upgrades?.

Seriously wishing you the best success. It sounds like you are preparing to button up the motor and do some good things.

The recommendation for which turbo (WG BOV et al) depends on your final selection of PNC/Hardware/TPlug/IC/exhaust/engine management. Once have all that, I would value sourcing information from the guys who helped source other key parts. For example if your builder has experience with your exhaust set up and is upgrading your ignition/fuel management he will have preference for a particular brand. Several different brand and size turbos are going to be satisfactory. The motor or at least have a list of its specification must be completed.

Regards,
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)