View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar964 View Post
Good luck trying to start a similar conversation on Rennlist - you'll be ignored, impuned, and called everything from "luddite" to "insecure" to "homophobic." I'm afraid the current-day Porsche community is about as hard core as the girl scouts.

Anyway, I agree with everything stated above. I just bought my dream car, a '91 C2 Turbo, and will NEVER sell it. If I have to learn to fabricate parts myself to keep this car on the road 5, 10, or 20 years from now, I'll do it.

The world around us is becoming a politically correct nightmare ruled by moral equivalence and the worship of style over substance. But that just means, as said before, that we have an obligation to preserve and protect those things which are REAL. Starting with important things like the Constitution - and right on down to our favorite toys (930s!)
Welcome to the fray. I spent a while over at RL before settling on this forum. I got sick of the snobbery and elitism over there, even on our 964 Turbo forum. Folks telling me, people who've never met me or know anything about me, that "you can't just EFI your car by yourself..." Really? No, YOU can't, but I can. Rather than line up to spend $4,000 for a "real" set of Speedlines, idol-worship the genuine Bad Boys car, and bicker over OEM floormats I tore down, rebuilt and modded the ***** out of my engine over the last 5 months. IMHO I am making the 965 that the Porsche engineers were trying to get to market for '91, but the bean-counters cock-blocked.

Last edited by AFM744; 01-21-2009 at 07:57 AM..
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)