View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BReyes View Post
Good luck with build! You know the budget has to come first. Then plan it accordingly. Bet there are probably guys who have been planning a conversion yet their mechanics are retired and they are not in their turbo yet. Because your title says obsession we can kid with you. Are you serious about approaching 965 exterior when done? Have you seen the turbo motors currently on the market? I know you have seen the pristine 930 FS. Have you seen a couple of 930 track cars on the market?

When you get ready building is when the obsession begins. I can hear you murmuring is that EFI stuff for real? Do you have a first draft of your build sheet?

I like the enthusiasm. I like the project. Do you have the tools to put the motor back together/tune it for that matter? If not, on the advise from your builder tuner are your expectations within his line of expectations/goals. You know how our trusted techs get. How long before you start discussing your next upgrades?.

Seriously wishing you the best success. It sounds like you are preparing to button up the motor and do some good things.

The recommendation for which turbo (WG BOV et al) depends on your final selection of PNC/Hardware/TPlug/IC/exhaust/engine management. Once have all that, I would value sourcing information from the guys who helped source other key parts. For example if your builder has experience with your exhaust set up and is upgrading your ignition/fuel management he will have preference for a particular brand. Several different brand and size turbos are going to be satisfactory. The motor or at least have a list of its specification must be completed.

Regards,
Hi Bernard, thanks for your interest.
I'm a semi-retired X mechanic with more time on my hands than money and thus will do all I can myself. I have lot,s of welding and fab exp including composites so not worried about custom mods and such. It's all for fun!
Given my druthers I would do a modified 964 or 993tt style exterior some thing like this. That will come later down the road, right now I has to perform first.

The engine ran fine, but I was getting nervous running it into the Redline with the mileage and valve guide wear. I had intended on freshing it up but Once out and apart I started playing what if with the upgrades The engine is out and apart so now is the time to do it. The build sheet is a work of progress limited my cost and the limitations of the Motronic sys.
I'm an old Dog that is still learning... and carefully taking in the comments and suggestions from the great people on this site.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)