View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelturbo View Post

unfortunatly i have to agree with point of view that sometimes it takes models like the boxster and cayenne to provide the sales to keep the company alive, thats ok, but just like everyone has said it is so dissapointed that they went to the trouble to make a car like a cayman, and then no use it to its potential, i was just daydreaming the other day, can you imagine how awesome a cayman model that they stripped to 2500lbs and put a carrera S motor with with rolled fenders fat tires and an LSD would be ? and so what if its better than the base 911, did they think maybe they should improve on it, more? maybe do something a little more cutting edge step out on a limb to create something amazing?
U mean like these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHh7ZHXWXXI&feature=PlayList&p=59BA50C282B9145A&playnext=1&index=18 (i kind of dig the silver Speedart one)

Thank god for tuners.

What it boils down to is men

Lets take a look at Audi. It is similar to Porsche, in that is i producing minivans and sedans, and while i really dislike their styling, u cant argue with the fact that they are on fire in the performance dept - both on the road and track

Why?

Piech = Bada$$. The Grandson of Ferry Porsche, father of the 917 and flat 16 engine, has pushed the Audi to build the Quattro, got it past as troubled period and has remade it into the racing and performance company it never was with the R8/R10. He pushed VW to acquire Lambo and bugatti and the results speak for themselves. U see a lot of Audis on track day and he is one of the main reasons why.

Weedking = Pu$#y. U get the feeling that racing is something distasteful and financically extravagant for him that Porsche must do to in order to maintain some semblance of it's image so that it can sell cars. He continues to keep the company's nuts in escrow for the sake of more $$$

In constrast:

Ernst Fuhrmann = Bad A$$. The guy who led Porsche in the early 70's and pushed it to build the 930, had the shop build him the first turbocharged 911 in 1972 so he could 'test' it out himself. THIS is the difference between Porsche then and now.

Can u see Weedking asking to have an 800hp 997 Turbo built to 'see' how it would feel? The guy probably drives an auto V6 cayenne to work.

Porsche simply needs a strong performance oriented CEO back at the helm. It may be too late, however as the company may be too big now and the profits of selling to the masses too great.

Ruf, Sportec, techart and speedart, EVO and other tuners, as well as u guys here, are building the real Porsches in the performance tradition in the spirit of Dr.-Ing hcF Porsche now anyway.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 01-21-2009 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Changes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)