View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
How much overboost you get with a B&B depends upon the turbo used, among other things.
If you're not pushing much air you won't get much overboost. There are folks here on this forum who have blown engines by overboosting when using the combination of B&B and a big turbo.
The dual waste gate design follows suit by becoming more important with higher flow turbos. It is a more precise way to meter the boost signal and relieve the pressure. I plan to dyno both the 993 and SSI systems using dual waste gates. Those graphs will be compared to my baseline engine using the stock J-pipe style exhaust. No other changes will be made; very exited to see the results. I have ordered one set of dual 38mm TiAL units to use on both systems. Should be a very fair test.
It is entirely probable that the 993 would flow much better than a B+B with modified engines, and when you make 500 hp, the differences in headers might be less noticeable because you are pushing so much power to begin with.

The magic of the B+B is what happens to a normal engine when you slap it on. It just makes more useable power everywhere.

If the 993 captures that magic on stock engines than you have a winner.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)