View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
SCREEN NAMES - argh!

Public Service Request:

ALRIGHTY! I've had it! Icing / cake was replying to a post recently and having to refer to someone as Cowtown! AFM744 wasn't much better. Argh!

Can't take it no more soooooo...

Gentz... we all know and agree that our little forum section here is comprised of some high quality high caliber doods, and we have established / are establishing some great and strong 'friendships' here.

To me, it's disconcertingly impersonal to refer to someone in a thread by their screen name. Personally (IMHO!) I cannot stand them - me name's me name - but to each their own.

BUT

Howabout we all read this thread, click on "User CP" in the toolbar above, and merely / simply ADD YOUR NAME TO YOUR SIGNATURE???

THEN

we can all hold hands in a circle, sing Kumbaya, and relish in harmonious joy

or like something and stuff or things - I think.

OK - srsly - give it some thought?

I've made some of the greatest friendships on a couple of autogeek forums over the years - so much so that I don't much talk to my 'real' friends comparatively... or care to. Seems only fitting to be able to call youses by name.

Hi, my name's Paul. See, it's easy. Dunno why anyone would want anonymity - I stand behind anything I say, and my name's with it.

Sorry, end Kacinzski Rant (promises Manifesto isn't forthcoming). And to Cowtown's defense, I *do* believe he subsequently did edit HIS sig 8-).

Dare ya?

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)