View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
I believe the 964 cams have a different spring height requirement than the standard 930 cams. Which will require removing the retainers/locks and addressing the shims.

RSR seals are a mixed bag on this Pelican Board. At worst, it's a harmless addition. At best, it may give you the added insurance of sealing for a minutely eccentric rocker bore. Cleanliness is an absolute in reassembling these pieces. Any minute particle is going to cause the rocker arm to not seal properly. Scrub the bore out with a non-abrasive cylinder brush and note any nicks in the bores. Examine arm shaft ends for burrs and address. Most importantly, make sure the rocker arms are reinserted properly in their bores. Improper placement will allow them to "walk" out and/or leak.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)