View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
My boost gauge always reads exactly what I set my boost level at, with a OEM wastegate.

I am not sure you can blame the B+B if your tial can't handle the air flow. I have heard that Tial's are complicit in the over-boost phenomenon with aftermarket headers, but I am no expert.
You indicate you have the stock turbo.

I do not belive there is much issue with stock Turbo on the B&B style shorties as to boost creep. It is the modified turbos that use a smaller hot side (K27-7200) with larger compressor wheels (well over 60mm inducer). These slow down the hot side wheel and also create more exhaust from moving more air at higher rpms. This increases the amount of exhaust that must exit the WG and potential for creep. I did not have any issue with boost creep on my K27-7200 B&B combo. It was when I went with the bigger turbo that boost-creep appeared.

I suspect if one added up all the tubing on a shorty style including the WG tube, the shortie's do have less volume but not as much less as many think compaired to the factory euro style HE's.

Collector design, WG design, WG flow capacity, primary tube size, and durability might be things to look at in the choice of headers / HE's.

Reducing back pressure after the turbo is where turbo response and increased HP can most be improved.

Just an opinion, I am not an expert.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)