View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
I didn't get mine hot when I took it in, but the tech mistook the stainless muffler for the cat even tho there was no cat on there....and I flunked the emissions part, but passed the visual. I also had some CARB exemption stickers on there for the MSD CDI box that replaced the Bosche unit....so they figured I had the necessary CARB exemptions. This only works if you find a shop that's unfamiliar with P cars. You're shafted if it goes to a referee. I had to tear off the muffler and put in a stock cat and muffler and got thru just fine.

Insofar as "friendlies" go....they're hard to find and becoming harder as enforcement increases along with more emphasis on "green" and with the centralized computer system, once you fail, the database is flagged as a failure....makes the next round a bit more dicey to get thru. The main problem occurs if it gets referred to a referee....they usually know what to look for...
Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)