View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasailsam View Post
How, where do I locate the switch if I have one?
Thanks,
Sam
Sam,
The overboost sensor switch would be located on the charge side of the induction. Probably a single wire. If you can't find it, I would ask the mechanic who installed this system, if he incorporated it. If he did, maybe he's using it to control the ignition instead of the fuel pumps as the factory did. Also, if he did install one, how did he wire it, ignition or fuel pumps?
The symptoms of an overboost sensor switch(fuel pump control) activation is like running out of power suddenly at speed. It will sputter and die until the engine returns to lower boost pressures and then run normal like nothing happened.

Also, can you photgraph or diagram how the wastegate is setup? What type of headers are you using?

Off topic, but are you using stock 3.0 pistons in this setup? What's the compression ratio?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-25-2009, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)