View Single Post

Troy N,
Yes the sys works fine up to 10psi, then goes to the toilet as described. Once I take my foot off the accelerator it runs fine again.

Goran,

["If I understand this correctly, you used 930 3.0L non-intercooled turbo, CIS and intake and bolted this onto N/A 3.0L SC engine?? Which engine and what compression?"]

You have it right. The 2.7 L motor was replaced with a 1983 3.0 L by Reid Vann in ST. Louis by previous owner in 12/03. Wiring and ECU were changed at that time to match '83 motor.
The '83 engine, I belive is completely stock, so specs would be to norm for that motor I think.
The 930 part are from a late 70's early 80's CIS
All gaskets/boots are new for this buid on the turbo/intake portion. Car ran very well prior to turbo addition as far as ignition goes. Was mainained by Reid Vann during previous ownership.
I believe stock wastegate was indicated at .8bar spring? Sound right?
The machanic said he shaved that a bit too to lower boost.

Dave,
The headers are GSF with heat boxes. I don't know what the comp. ration is or what timing is now set at, but will find them both out today.
The mechanic fooled with air/fuel mixture and timing ( he says ) for a long time trying to get it to run right.
Wastegate from well

vent side of wastegate

Charge side of waste gate

What are these to?

Why is this bottom fitting open/not capped?

Will have timing and comp ratio's posted this afternoon.
I'm on a very limited budget (post D) So any help on $ saving/generic ways of doing thing would be appreciated.
Thanks so much for all the help thus far, I'm begining to be hopeful this can be worked out!
Sam

Last edited by parasailsam; 01-25-2009 at 09:26 AM..
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)