View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasailsam View Post
Dave,
I see just one hose (#43) leaving the assembly, is that correct?
Thanks,
Sam
Sam,
Yes, there should be only one hose coming off the fitting. It's been awhile since I looked at a stock recirculating valve, but I believe the other end of the hose should go to a fitting below the throttle plate. That way when the throttle plate is closed, the engine is at maximum vacuum and should cause the recirc valve to open and route charged air back into the inlet side of the compressor.

I agree with everyone on the effective compression ratio on your engine when you're at 10 psi. I'm assuming you're running the highest octane you can get, even then it will still require something on the order racing gas. (110 octane) This will not give you the symptoms you're experiencing at the moment, but it should be addressed.

You mentioned the tuner/mechanic who did the work said he shortened the wastegate spring? I hope he didn't cut off part of it, because cutting springs raises the spring rate. Unfortunately, there are no lower spring rates for these factory wastegates below .8bar, which is too high for your needs. Aftermarket wastegate is the only alternative.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)