View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelturbo View Post
Its so bitter-sweet to rant about the change we want, for a min i can get caught up in the idea that if we all want it bad enough things will change and be as they should be, then i remember where this world is headed, and i'm afraid we are a dying breed and theres not going to be much room for guys like us in the future...
There is still hope.

All of the alternative energy ideas have been scams up until this point. Such as the ethanol scam. The hybrid/electrical Prius nonsense. The plug-in car fantasy. (Power plants are three times more polluting for electric energy than gas engines. Thus the plug-in car is an enviromental nightmare and really inefficient use of power).

I think that after all of our taxpayer money has been wasted up in Washington by special interests pretending to build 'alternative' whatever or go 'green' whatever, the results will be that we are still running gas and our cars just happen to get better gas mileage due to gov't pressure.

So a lot of reckless spending and false promises and in ten years we will still be running on gas with maybe on average ten miles per gallon increased efficiency.

Shockingly, less weight and better engine management will provide all of that increased efficiency.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)